Some people are getting error 2005 and error 1 while downgrading their devices through iTunes. Some people have also reported that they have got this error while using tiny umbrella so in this post I am going to show you three different methods to fix this error.
First method is the most easiest method of all. You just have to change the USB port which you are using to connect your device to computer and use another USB port in your computer. If you are using front USB ports, try using the back ones.
If you are using tiny umbrella and you are getting this error all you have to so is to go to advanced tab in TinyUmbrella and you have to uncheck set host to cydia on exit. If you are not using tiny umbrella and you are getting this error, just download tiny umbrella from the downloads section and follow the above procedure.
Third method is little bit complicated but it worked for more than 80% of the people getting this error. In this method we have to downgrade iTunes to its previous version most of the people with iTunes 10.5 are getting this error so we have to downgrade iTunes to its previous version that is iTunes 10.4 so to downgrade iTunes you have to follow few simple steps in this post and you are good to go!!
- Quit iTunes
- Go to My Computer > Uninstall or change a program
- Find iTunes and uninstall it.
- After that find Bonjour and Uninstall it.
- After these two things are uninstalled Restart your computer.
- Then download the appropriate version of iTunes ( 32 or 64 bit depending on your operating system) from the downloads section at the bottom of the post.
- Extract the downloaded file and install iTunes form it.
- After the installation process is completed open iTunes.
- When you will open iTunes you will get an error message saying iTunes library.itl not found .
- To fix this you have to go to music folder in your computer and then you have to go to iTunes folder inside the music folder.
- Then copy the “iTunes library” file on your desktop and open iTunes.
- Now your iTunes will open normally.
Windows (32 Bit):
Windows (64 Bit):
We Help Thousands of people a week regarding their iDevices With our Tutorials. To help us go ahead with the same spirit, Please Like our Facebook Fanpage it Only takes a second to hit like button.