If you own an Apple device and you are into jailbreaking, one of the thing that you want to know is DFU mode. You will see this term again and again while jailbreaking your device or restoring it to an older/ custom firmware. DFU mode is also handy if you are getting iTunes errors or you are stuck in Recovery mode Loop/ iTunes Logo. Here are few simple steps that you have to follow to put your device in DFU mode.
- Connect your device to computer through USB cable.
- Turn off your device completely.
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
- Then Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds (Hold both buttons at the same time)
- Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
- After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
If you don’t succeed at first attempt try again DFU mode requires a bit of timing and can take practice to get right, so if at first you don’t succeed, don’t hesitate to try again. One obvious indication of DFU mode is, the screen of your device will turn black and iTunes will popup letting you know your device is in recovery mode.